RULES AND GENERAL BEHAVIOUR FOR RALLIERS
Please read before attending Rallies as these Rules are for the benefit of all Ralliers
1. Rally slips must arrive by the stated date otherwise Rally Plaque will not be available. If confirmation of booking is required, please send s.a.e.
2. Rallies start at 4.00 p.m. on Friday unless otherwise stated, likewise you leave by the time indicated by the Marshal.
3. During normal week-end rallies members may request the reservation of one pitch, subject to the Marshal's discretion. At Holiday Rallies the siting of vans and reservation of pitches will be subject to the Marshal'’ discretion.
4. Tents – one small tent per caravan may be allowed at the Marshal’s discretion and must be sited to the side, not front or back of the caravan, so as not to cause an obstruction to others or danger to tent occupants. Maximum size of tent to be 50 sq ft of ground area and must include fly sheet if fitted.
5. The boundary of the Rally is the field in which it is held, unless otherwise stated. All other areas will be out of bounds.
6. ON THE RALLY FIELD WHEELED VEHICLES MUST NOT EXCEED WALKING PACE – MAXIMUM 5 MPH, THIS INCLUDES BICYCLES.
Wheeled vehicles may be driven along rows but not between vans. No person shall at any time be permitted to drive a motorised vehicle on the Rally Field unless he or she holds a current full driving licence.
7. Members will be held to account for their visitors’ behaviour. Children on the Rally Field are still the responsibility of their parents.
8. All persons, other than a member and his/her family resident at the Rally, may be subject to additional charges at the discretion of the Marshal of the Rally. Would members please tell any visitors that they must report to the Marshal on arrival.
9. Toilets – It is essential to carry your own chemical toilet. Only formaldehyde-based chemicals to be used. TOILETS MUST NOT BE FILLED OR WASHED UNDER THE DRINKING WATER TAP. The disposal of waste is as indicated by the Marshal. Normally, dry waste is taken home.
10. Dogs and cats MUST be kept on a lead of no longer than TEN FEET when in the Rally area. On no account should dogs be allowed to foul around the caravans or recreational area.
11. NORMALLY A HANDBELL IS POSITIONED AT THE FLAG POLE TO SUMMON ASSISTANCE IN AN EMERGENCY. ON HEARING IT, RESPOND IMMEDIATELY. THE BELL IS ONLY TO BE RUNG IN AN EMERGENCY.
12. It is essential that every caravan is equipped with a FIRST AID KIT and a suitable FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
13. YOU ARE REMINDED THAT SOUND CARRIES A LONG WAY AT NIGHT, AND EXCESSIVE NOISE MUST CEASE BY 11.00 p.m. Between Easter and 30th September each year, this time limit has been extended to 11.30 p.m. In any event, all noise must cease by 12 Midnight. This rule may vary from Centre to Centre and at Club Events
14. The Marshal is in complete charge and must be given the fullest co-operation. If, in the Marshal’s opinion, a member’s behaviour is a discredit to the Centre, or causing annoyance to Ralliers or to members of the public, the member will be asked to leave, and be suspended from future Centre activities at the Committee’s discretion, and in accordance with Rules Governing Centres 8(a), (b) & (c).
15. All fees are exclusive of VAT except where stated, and may be altered during the season without notice. All monies for pre-paid events must be made payable to The Northants & Rutland Centre of the Caravan Club, or NRCCC. No member may commit the Centre to an expenditure in excess of £50 for goods or services without the prior consent of the Committee.
16. Observe the Caravan and Country Code at all times.
17. Movement of vehicles during inclement weather . In extreme conditions the Rally Marshal may ban all movement of vehicles on the field by the flying of a Yellow Flag. On wet ground please keep movement of your vehicle to a minimum to avoid damaging the grass.
18. Kite flying, ball games, and any other activity likely to be a danger or annoyance to other Ralliers are prohibited on the Rally Field in the vicinity of the caravans.
19. Members who book in for Friday and Saturday nights, and arrive on Saturday, will be expected to pay for Friday night.